Emergency Vet in Midlothian
Let us handle your emergencies! We are ready any time you and your pet need us!
Does your pet need emergency medical care? Call now for immediate assistance from our trained veterinary staff.
We realize that an emergency is a stressful time for you and your pet. Our dedicated and compassionate staff will be with you and your pet every step of the way, providing a comprehensive evaluation, quality care and treatment.
Animal Medical Center provides comprehensive treatment services, hospitalization, and critical care for pet emergencies. Our affordable, quality after hours and emergency care are available not only to our patients, but to any patient needing after-hours emergency or critical care.
Our state-of-the-art animal emergency center is equipped with the latest diagnostic equipment and technologies to help our veterinary experts assess your pet’s health.
We also provide overnight monitoring for those pets needing extended continuing care from their family veterinarian. Patients are seen after hours on a first-come, first-serve basis, with the most critical patient being seen first. No appointments are necessary for after-hours emergency care, but a “ heads up” phone call is appreciated. Call our office now for help.
What is considered a pet emergency?
In most cases, the following conditions are too risky to wait before seeking treatment:
- Injury from a traumatic accident or from an attack by another animal
- Prolonged diarrhea or vomiting that contains blood
- Collapse or loss of consciousness
- Difficulty breathing
- Swollen and or painful abdomen
- Foaming at the mouth
- Swallowing a foreign object
- Ingestion of a toxic object
- Difficulty urinating
Emergency Tests & Diagnostics
During your pet’s stay, we provide the highest-quality care and attention. All hospitalized patients are kept in a specialized treatment area where they are closely monitored.
Our vet team is skilled in offering surgical, diagnostic, and medical care and work with compassion and efficiency to ensure a positive outcome.
We offer the latest diagnostics and testing for our urgent care patients at our emergency veterinary clinic, including:
- Blood Analysis. A blood analysis can help us determine what is wrong with your dog or cat if they are experiencing an unknown illness or have ingested a toxic substance.
- Digital X-rays. X-rays help us determine what kind of internal injuries your pet might be experiencing after a fight or accident involving a car.
- Surgery. Sometimes pets need to be brought into surgery to repair internal injuries.
- Fracture Repair. We set broken bones / fractures for animals to help them heal quickly and properly. Your pet's veterinarian will also help relieve your pet's pain during the healing process.
- Medication. Medicines may be necessary to help your pet recover from a medical emergency or illness. We keep a range of pet medication on hand to ensure that your pet's needs are covered.
For more information on our emergency vet services or to book an appointment, please call our office as soon as possible.
Payment: An estimate for treatment and/or hospitilization will be generated after a physical examination has been performed from the veterinarian. Initial deposits may be required for hospitilization. Full payment is due when services are rendered. To keep our costs down, we do not offer billing. Please see our Insurance & Payments page for payment options.